Fitness tip of the week....

Try somethng new this week. Venture out of your box of routines and challenge your body in new ways!

Monday, March 23, 2009

Reaching for the stars....

So what exactly do you write on your first post of your first blog? I mean the list is endless and could very well bore you all to death within the first reading. So I guess I will stick with the basic's and just explain why I am doing this and why I am vying for your time.

At one point in my life, I was topping 210 on the scale on a 5'7" frame. While not ideal, but I managed to still enjoy life and be involved in all the non-athletic clubs and movements that were available. During my last year of my undergrad I got a rude awakening that maybe my weight was getting in the way and I probably needed to do something about it. I went hard core. You know those people who go to the gym for hours at a time and eat almost nothing...well that was me. I did this for months and saw some amazing results, but was still not satisified. I was just a smaller, but still flabby me.

About this time, I moved to another state and there I "purchased" my first personal trainer. I assumed I was pretty healthy, and fit at that time, but I was in for another rude awakening. I was taken though programs and specific exercises that tested my limits. To my surprise I feel in love with it all, as I watched my body transform. I signed up for my first half marathon and was well on my way to be reaching my ultimate fitness goals.

Along with falling in love with it, I feel in love with wanting to help others do the same thing. When I moved again to finish my Master's I got a part-time job as a fitness trainer. I felt like I had finally found my nitch. I thrived on helping people over come the same struggles I did and continue to. I am not your typical trainer. I still could be considered over weight by some and still struggle with wanting to eat certain foods. But that has only helped me as I have worked with so many who face the same battles, the same struggles and the same achievements.

A part-time job, turned into a full-time passion and I then a full-time career as a trainer who eats, sleeps, and talks this stuff. I have been doing this for 3 years and I still love what I do. I love it so much I want to start my own business one day. Part of starting my own business though is getting myself into peak performance. The sad part of selling in this industry is visual perception. I can probably run circles, in knowledge and even physical endurance, around other trainers but I have to look the part. I am very happy with myself and don't struggle with serious self-esteem bouts, but I know that I can and should take my body to where it wants and needs to go physically. So that is where this blog comes in. I am going to embark on a 12 week journey to condition my body to its peak performance. I will blog about the struggles, the triumps, the battles, but most importantly the idea that you and I can do this. Achieveing your dream body, or goal is not out of the question, nor is it impossible.

I will include exercise types, receipes, ways to overcome certain challenges, but most importantly I want you the reader to know that if I can do this, so can you.

Welcome to real living....

2 comments:

  1. Cass, I am at 204, have an injured back, but am also trying to conceive. I know for my health I need to lose at least 50-60 pounds, I noticed low carb always helps me lose weight but I gain it back plus very quickly- I'm at a loss, I have skinny arms & legs but I am chesty, have belly flab and thicker upper thighs & buns. I used to be a runner and in karate always had a nice physique, now I don't even know where to start- seems that everything hurts nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to taking the journey with you and my goal in reading your blog will be to see if it can help motivate me into taking purposeful and intentional actions.

    ReplyDelete